Every day in Michigan, residents are going without the health care they need. Insurance deductibles, co-pays and premiums are rising, and given the current economic struggles, families and businesses are forced to cut back on care or drop coverage altogether.
To that end, on March 23, 2009 at Cobo Hall, the Wayne County Department of Health & Human Services, Wayne County Health Choice, City of Detroit Department of Health & Wellness Promotion, Wayne County Four Star, the Michigan Cover the Uninsured Network and Project Healthy Living are hosting a Health Expo for the Uninsured. The health fair hopes to offer:
- Free & low cost health screenings
- Dental plans/screenings
- HIV/AIDS/STD screenings
- Enrollment in free and low cost health coverage programs offered by the City of Detroit, Wayne County and the State of Michigan
- Vision/hearing screenings
- Massage therapy
- Music by Vonne and Brent Stanley
- Information on Healthy Eating Options
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Exercise Demonstrations
- Information about Health Insurance Options for Small Businesses
- and many many more
More info at Michigan Cover the Uninsured Network.