James and Grace Lee Boggs Center To Nurture Community Leadership
BOGGS CENTER IS HIRING!
Co-Director (programs emphasis)
Co-Director (operations emphasis)
Join the Boggs Center’s Leadership Team!
- 2 full-time, salaried positions with benefits, renewable annually
- Salary scale: $60,000-65,000
- Start date: June 2022
- Location: 3061 Field St., Detroit, MI and remote as necessary
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application in either .doc or .pdf format to email@example.com. Applications should include:
- Letter of interest Tell us about why you would be interested in taking on a leadership role at the Center and your familiarity with our work. Feel free to share as much as you like about your experiences, background, and previous movement work.
- References Provide the names and contact info of 2 or 3 people who would be willing to serve as references at a later stage in the hiring process. These should be folks who can speak to your movement activity or other relevant experiences.
Application deadline: March 15, 2022
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of the Center’s programs and operations, focusing on place-based organizing through collaboration with our partners.
- Organize major events and gatherings in addition to smaller Learning Journeys and Study Circles.
- Host individuals, groups, and organizations from the Center’s local, national, and international networks.
- Promote the Center’s fiscal health in collaboration with the Board.
Desirable characteristics and qualifications include:
- Experience in organizations and movements for radical change
- A commitment to racial, gender, and disability justice
- Effective oral and written language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to build and maintain respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Google Workspace, Slack)
- Ability to organize independently and as part of a team
- Experience developing and implementing organizational systems
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings
- Familiarity with the legacies of James and Grace Lee Boggs
- Knowledge of the city of Detroit and its movement history