is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- Living for Change News March 20th, 2017 Thinking for Ourselves Beyond Toxic Talk Shea HowellHow we talk is intimately connected to how we think. Words define our world and give meaning to our lives. Thus, one of the many dangers of this moment is the deterioration of our capacities for political thought. When public values are...Read More »
- Living for Change News March 13th, 2017 Water Stories of District 7 Monday, April @ 6pm 16400 Warren Ave W, Detroit, MI 48228-3705, United States Come gather as we hear water stories of District 7. We need to stand together and get the Detroit City Council to pass and implement an income-based Water Affordability...Read More »
- HELP SAVE THE CASS COMMONS March 11, 2017 – Women Creating Caring Communities -International -Woman Day Silence of the Good – Shea Howell Martin Luther King Jr. Beyond Vietnam DetroitMindsDying.org Kate Levy’s documentary-in-progress on water shutoffs and water afford-ability in Detroit. Moonlight: Masculinity, Sexism & Misogyny on Trial in the Pursuit to Dismantling Patriarchy Yusuf Shakur What...Read More »
- Up against the White House’s “alternative facts” and attempts to hide climate data, can new allies—citizens and science—prevail against politicians and corporations? Climate science is looking like a new front line, and scientists are increasingly its freedom fighters. Citizens need to support them by engaging in daily research, demanding truth, and forcing government and industry...Read More »
- Commentary No. 444, March 1, 2017 From: FBC Office <fbc-What Resist as a movement needs to keep in mind is the fact that we are in the midst of a historic structural transition from the capitalist world-system in which we have lived for some 500 years to one of two successor systems – a non-capitalist...Read More »