is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- The Hidden History of Solidarity Economy Visions Asar Amen-Ra B.A., J.D. The Life and Times of James Boggs James Boggs’ life was one of imagination and reimagionation. His narrative was one of hardcore socialist, to Black Power advocate, to Humanitarian solutionary. There was never a time when Jimmy, as he was affectionately called, would get...Read More »
- February 5th, 2017 ____________________________________________________ James Boggs, “The American Revolution: Putting Politics in Command” 1970 The urgent, crying need of the American people is to undergo a fundamental transformation from the individualists and materialists they are today into a new breed of socially and politically conscious and responsible human beings. Instead of being concerned only with...Read More »
- January 15th, 2018 “In the first century BC, Cicero said: “Freedom is participation in power.” Negroes should never want all power because they would deprive others of their freedom. By the same token, Negroes can never be content without participation in power. America must be a nation in which its multiracial people are partners in...Read More »
- “WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT” Grace Lee Boggs (August 18, 2013) I‘ve been a Detroiter for 60 years and this is the first time in my experience that so many different organizations with different ideologies and personalities have recognized that the time has come when we must join together to resist and defeat the...Read More »
- Home American Revolutionary Grace Lee Boggs, 99, is a Chinese American philosopher, writer, and activist in Detroit with a thick FBI file and a surprising vision of what an American revolution can be. Rooted for 75 years in the labor, civil rights and Black Power movements, she challenges a new generation to throw off old...Read More »