is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- Detroit Joins Hundred of Thousands to March for Climate Justice Tawana “Honeycomb” Petty Electablog Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to join nearly 400,000 people in New York City for what has been called the “largest climate-change demonstration in history.” I was in NYC with water warrior, Monica Lewis Patrick of We the People of...Read More »
- IT’S TIME TO BREAK OUR SILENCE An open invite to friends & family of Macomb County: WHAT KIND OF COMMUNITY AND WORLD CAN WE ENVISION TOGETHER? “We have a great opportunity to create beloved, caring communities… But first, we must break our silence and have safe, serious conversations about our history and how we reached...Read More »
- Living for Change NewsApril 17th, 2017 Thinking for OurselvesEducating ValuesShea HowellTeacher and alums from the Bank Street School in New York visited Detroit this week on a learning journey. Since 1916, Bank Street has been a force for progressive education. Bank Street is both a school for children and a Graduate College dedicated to...Read More »
- Riverwise Detroit riverwisedetroit.org spanish_riverwise_mag Mission Statement WHO ‘Riverwise’ is a community-based magazine created by a team of authors, writers, photojournalists, parents, grandparents, students, organizers, activists, artists, educators and visionaries. We are working together to create media that reflects local activism and the profound new work being done in and around Detroit neighborhoods. We envision deepening...Read More »
- Living for Change News April 11th, 2017 Michelle Alexander and Ruby Sales in conversation about Beyond Vietnam a Sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.WATCH IT HERE DEQ Public Information and Hearing Nestlé Permit for Increase Water Taking Wednesday, April 12th Public Information: 4-6 PM Public Hearing: 7-9 PM Location: University Center at Ferris State University More info: firstname.lastname@example.org TRANSPORT TO THE HEARING:?...Read More »