is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- December 9th, 2019 Thinking for Ourselves Water Warnings Shea Howell As thousands of people across the country participated in the December 6th Climate Strike lead by youth activists, many Detroiters were wondering if their drinking water was safe. Sketchy reports were surfacing about the collapse of the shore line holding land long contaminated with...Read More »
- November 26th, 2019 Thinking for Ourselves New Thinking about Development Shea Howell The Detroit City Council voted 6 to 3 to reject Mayor Duggan’s $250 million bond proposal. This is an encouraging sign of new leadership emerging. But the victory is likely to be short lived. Duggan will continue to push for a bond in some form. After...Read More »
- Boggs Board Lexicon Last edited on 06/04/19 Growing our souls Grace Lee Boggs , in her Introduction to the 2008 edition of Revolution and Evolution (2008): “The more I talked about King, the more I felt the need for each of us to grow our souls in order to overcome the new and more challenging contradictions...Read More »
- Boggs Center Media https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDw60gWYOPM-Jv02eQkWRVA Boggs Center Media 18:31NOW PLAYING JB100: The Story of Jimmy Boggs 23 views4 weeks ago Story of Jimmy Boggs featuring interviews from Jimmy Boggs, Deloris Anderson, Donald Boggs, Rich Feldman, Alice Jennings, Julia Putnam, Kenny Snodgrass, Stephen Ward, and Michael Weinstein.Read More »
- October 29th, 2019 Youtube The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy _________________________________________________________________________________________________- Thinking for Ourselves Sharing Peace Shea Howell Detroit has a long history in developing international relationships. During the cold war era, citizens created friendship associations with the then USSR, China and later Cuba. These early people to people exchanges formed a...Read More »