is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- 3061 Field St. Detroit, Michigan, 48214 (313) 923-0797 Dear Friends of the James and Grace Lee Boggs Center, We are writing to ask for your support during one of the most dangerous and turbulent times in recent memory. Internationally we are witnessing increasing brutality in defense of empire. The same disregard for...Read More »
- June 11th, 2018 Black Bottom Archives, in partnership with MoGo is putting on a Pedal to Porch event for the area of Black Bottom. The purpose of this email is to provide information on our upcoming stakeholder meeting. Check out the information below and let me know if you’re interested in getting involved! If you’re not able...Read More »
- Thinking for Ourselves Shea Howell Mackinac Gathering The business and political elite gathered on Mackinac Island last week to determine ways that will advance their interests and solidify their political control. As reported, “Nearly 1,700 business leaders, politicians, and philanthropists headed to Mackinac Island to rub elbows, and discuss issues in the state ranging...Read More »
- May 29th, 2018 A free and open web powers our ability to organize across communities, borders, and even the world. That’s why we’re joining more than 50 leading racial justice groups urging members from the tri-caucus to sign on to the House CRA to restore #netneutrality https://bit.ly/2INh5vt Thinking for Ourselves Shea Howell Who Benefits...Read More »
- COMMUNITY-BASED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME By Grace Lee Boggs 18th Annual Conference, Association for Community-Based Education Alexandria, Va. November 11, 1993 It is an honor to be the keynote speaker at your 18th Annual Conference which is focusing on the issue of Community-based Economic Development. I have been a Movement activist...Read More »