is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- April 2nd, 2018 Living for Change Grace Lee Boggs More Questions than Answers Many of us will be thinking about Dr. Martin Luther King this week as we mark the 50 years since his murder and the 51st since his call for a radical revolution of values. To help us think about this moment, we are...Read More »
- Thinking for ourselves Grace Lee Boggs on Lessons April 1, 2018 Many of us will be thinking about Dr. Martin Luther King this week as we mark the 50 years since his murder and the 51st since his call for a radical revolution of values. To help us think about this moment, we are sharing...Read More »
- March 26th, 2017 The Future of Food Lessons from African Smallholder Farmers Thursday, March 29th 6-7 pm free admission Health Professional Bldg. Room 124 UDMercy Presenter: Carol Thompson, PH.D SPONSORS: GLBD is partnering with REBUILDetroit and Detroit Black Community Food Security Network Thinking for Ourselves Shea Howell Reflection on EM Last week we had an...Read More »
- March for Our Lives – Detroit, MI Rivard Plaza 1340 E Atwater St Detroit, MI 48207 3.1 mi away When: Saturday, March 24, 11:00 AM The Detroit March for Our Lives is an inclusive student-led march being organized by a coalition of very dedicated metro-Detroit high school students, with support from a large group of...Read More »
- THE CRISIS OF THE MASS KILLINGS IS NOT ONLY A DANGER BUT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR EACH AND ALL OF US TO MAKE A GREAT LEAP FORWARD IN OUR HUMANITY –Grace Lee Boggs In his 1967 call for a radical revolution of values against the giant triplets of racism, materialism and militarism, King said, “a nation...Read More »