is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- https://youtu.be/1B0u6nvcTsI Published on Nov 16, 2017 When it comes to the internet, our connections are generally controlled by telecom companies. But a group of people in Detroit is trying to change that. Motherboard met with the members of the Equitable Internet Initiative (EII), a group that is building their own wireless networks from the ground...Read More »
- The African American Studies Dept. presents INTO THE SUNSHINE OF A DIFFERENT SOCIETY THE REVOLUTIONARY THEORY OF JAMES AND GRACE LEE BOGGS THURSDAY NOVEMBER 9TH 12:30 1:45 HULL HOUSE 800 S HALSTED ST CHICAGO, IL 60607 Read More »
- James Boggs, “The American Revolution: Putting Politics in Command” 1970 The first question that has to be answered, therefore, is whether there is any arena in which the United States urgently needs revolutionary—that is to say, rapid and fundamental —develop-ment and reorganization. The answer is unequivocally yes. But, unlike the nations of Africa, Asia,...Read More »
- In DIG poet Angela Jones, now 24 and on her way to the Peace Corps in Peru, shares with us the identity she has forged for herself from being in and with Detroit Summer since she was 14. It is from imaginations like hers that will come answers to the many fundamental interconnected and...Read More »
- LIVING FOR CHANGE Jobs aren’t the Answer By Grace Lee Boggs 2011 The continuing Jobs crisis is an opportunity to go beyond protest organizing for more Jobs and begin imagining Work that frees us from being the appendages to machines that we have become because of our dependence on Jobs. Charlie Chaplin’s Modern Times Instead...Read More »