is to nurture the transformational leadership capacities of individuals and organizations committed to creating productive, sustainable, ecologically responsible, and just communities.
"Each generation, coming out of obscurity, must define its mission and fulfill or betray it."
Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
- Our comrade friend mentor and fellow Revolutionary Jimmy Boggs Passed Away 24 years ago 1993. James Boggs (activist) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search For other people with this name, see James Boggs James Boggs James Boggs and his wife Grace Lee Boggs Born May 27, 1919 Marion Junction, Alabama Died July 22,...Read More »
- Published on Monday, August 23, 2010 by CommonDreams.org Living for Change: If Not Now, When? by Grace Lee Boggs I won’t be marching with Jesse Jackson in the March called by the UAW and the NAACP to commemorate the August 28, 1963 March on Washington. That’s not only because at 95 my marching days are...Read More »
- “We still survive, in the culture of estrangement, for how much longer no one knows. Yet to change that culture intelligently, we must understand it, trace its roots, know its history – not because estrangement is the lineal descendent of one particular historical event or time, but because the past is still alive in...Read More »
- “…essence of dialectical thinking is the ability to be self-critical. Being able to see that an idea you had or an activity you had engaged in which was correct at one stage can turn into its opposite at another stage; that whenever a person or an organization or a country is in crisis, it is necessary...Read More »
- How the U.S. poltitical crisis began in Detroit. Purchase @ Boggs Center book store http://boggscenter.org/store-new/ “Scott Kurashige’s wonderful important book teaches us to read neoliberal crisis and austerity from below, as a reaction to forces of liberation that came before and continue today,” MICHAEL HARDT coauthor of AssemblyRead More »