Here is classic Grace Lee Boggs column from 2005 on movement building strategy.
LIVING FOR CHANGEMLK and Movement Building Ultram without prescription, By Grace Lee BoggsMichigan Citizen, Feb. 20-26, 2005
I was not involved in the campaign to make King’s birthday a national holiday initiated by Congressman Conyers after his assassination., buy ultram online. As a Black Power activist in the 1960s, Cheapest ultram prices, I identified more with Malcolm than with Martin. I was also concerned that aKing holiday would reinforce the tendency to depend on charismatic leaders.
In the last few years, lowest price for ultram, however, Ultram alternative, as I have been grappling with Detroit’s Tsunami, I have learned a lot from King’s struggles after the Watts explosion in August 1965 confronted him with the interlocking problems of the urban crisis: our angry and despairing youth, our dying cities, buy ultram canada, the destruction by Hi-Tech of participation and community. (Malcolm was killed in February 1965, before Watts), ultram without prescription. Price of ultram, Radical organizers concentrate on mobilizing masses to protest against the system. Their main aim is increasing militancy and numbers.
King understood the almost pathological fear and despair that oppression creates and therefore the need for the oppressed to find creative ways to move beyond fear to hope and beyond despair to transformation., order ultram no prescription required.
In recent months I have been exchanging ideas and experiences with John Maguire, Overnight ultram, a friend of King’s since their student days and a 1961 Freedom Rider. Ultram without prescription, Together with Vincent Harding, John prepared the initial draft of King’s 1967 anti-Vietnam war speech. I have known Vincent since the 1960s but I met John for the first time last October at the Kalamazoo gathering which decided to issue the CALL TO THE BELOVED COMMUNITY: THESE ARE THE TIMES TO GROW OUR SOULS. See the Michigan Citizen, cheap ultram no prescription, Jan. Ultram no rx required, 9-15, 2005.
Recently John sent me the following Notes on Movement Building, buy ultram on internet. I recommend their careful study and discussion by activists who are beginning to sense that something is “blowing in the wind.”
- Suffering and oppression are not enough to create a movement, ultram without prescription. A movement begins when the oppressed begin seeing themselves not just as victims but as new men and women, Ultram malaysia, pioneers in creating new, more human relations, thus advancing the evolution of the human race, buy ultram on line.
- Movement builders are able to recognize the humanity in others, Buy ultram from us, including their opponents, and therefore the potential within them for redemption and the possibility of work-through change.
- Movement builders are conscious of the need to go beyond slogans and to create programs of struggle that transform and empower participants, ultram overnight delivery.
- At the heart of movement building is the concept of two-sided transformation, Buy ultram online without prescription, both of ourselves and of our institutions.
- Ultram without prescription, Thinking dialectically is pivotal to movement building because it prepares us for the contradictions that inevitably develop in the course of the struggle. A struggle that starts with the need of a particular racial, ethnic or social group only becomes a movement if it creates Hope and the vision of a new society for everyone, order no rx ultram. But because great hopes can also lead to great disappointments, Ultram no rx, movementparticipants must be in touch with elements that sustain them through dark times as well as bright.
- Movement building is intergenerational and involves children and youth—as well as adults—in community building and productive activities.
- Movement building is essentially counter-cultural, ultram india. It is a struggle to transform ourselves AND social structures, Buy cheap ultram, the way we think and act in relationship to one another and with the Earth. Network development, by contrast, is mostly about distributive justice, making demands on the system in order to redistribute the benefits of the society, wages, healthcare, education and the like more equitably. Genuine movement building, in contrast, is about restorative justice, new ways of thinking, and transformation, attempting to advance us another step is our continuing evolution as human beings.
Similar posts: Buy actoplus met without prescription. Buy super zhewitra without prescription. Buy vega h cream without prescription. Buy mojo maxx without prescription. Buy ashwagandha without prescription. Buy megathin without prescription. Buy ketoconazole cream without prescription.
Trackbacks from: Buy ultracet without prescription. Buy quinine without prescription. Buy chantix without prescription. Buy buspar without prescription. Buy armour without prescription. Buy plavix without prescription. Buy hydrochlorothiazide without prescription.